Monday, February 20, 2017

2016 fishing




2016 striper fishing took off with my first boat purchase. I bought a 16 foot center console and mainly set out from Barnstable Harbor. I also purchased a bow mounted minn kota trolling motor, the riptide ulterra with IPilot. This was a costly item, but worth every penny, especially doing the type of inshore fishing I did inside Barnstable harbor. I mainly used lead core line to jig in the spring, as well as throwing top water. In the summer I switched to tube and worm and then once the fall run started I dropped live eels as well as tube and worm. I spent a lot more time on the water this year and caught a lot more fish. I went a few times with a co-workers Brian and Eccleston on Brian's boat. I followed my dad, and his friends Rob and Fordo in the spring off Race Point. In the fall I took Tracy's cousin out and landed a couple slobs.










No comments:

Post a Comment