Saturday, March 31, 2012




       At this point in time, although as I am still gearing up for Turkey season, these are my two main priorities at the moment. The one on top is the newest edition to the pack. Her name is Piper and right now she is an 11 week old German Shorthair Pointer. We got her from a breeder named Bill Duffy in Ashby, MA. She was the runt of the litter but she is growing very fast. She is completely all legs right now. She weighed in at 13 lbs while on her vet visit last week but I would imagine that 1/2 of that weight is her legs and paws.
      The other puppy is a year and a half old beagle. I got him from a breeder in Swansea, MA, Hockomock Swamp Farm. He is actually considered a pocket beagle because he does not reach the 13 inch limit considered by the AKC. As a member of the Oak Hill Beagle Club in Rehoboth, MA, Harry loves to chase rabbits. However he does not particularly enjoy the cold. I don't know if this is because he is small or do in part because of how spoiled he is.
     I have always loved dogs. As I posted earlier the picture of me and my black lab, Smokey a few years ago on a duck hunt. I am by no stretch of the imagination a professional dog trainer. Having said that, I have accumulated as much information as possible on training, from obedience to becoming a gun dog. I have read literature, scoured the internet, and asked for advice from professionals in my area. I am going to post videos and experiences of training with the latest edition, Piper. This is my first pointing dog and I would like to show her progress. Any tips on training or any pictures or videos of your own gun dog and training can be sent to me at brubru2452@gmail.com and I would be more than willing to post them for you. After having her for only 3 weeks I am very excited to see what she can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment